You will encounter this if you uploaded a release to Stem and chose to add splits later.
When a release does not have any sound recording splits, Stem doesn't know who to pay. So, Stem will collect earnings and hold them in a pending state until splits are added and 100% consensus amongst shareholders is achieved.
When a release does not have any splits, the uploader can still:
- See the release in My Content
- See performance and Trending data for that release
- Edit the release's metadata
- Add splits and shareholders
How to add splits later:
- Log in to app.stem.is
- Go to My Content
- Search or browse to find the release you want to add splits to (it should be available at the top of the page)
- Click into the "Splits" tab
- Click "Add Splits"
Once splits and shareholders are added and 100% consensus amongst shareholders is reached, Stem will process the earnings and splits and pay them out on the following 15th. This happens on a monthly basis, so eligible earnings will show up in the following month's payment period. For example, if consensus is reached on March 30th, those earnings will be eligible for payment on April 15th.