Yes. If you are including a cover song as an Existing Song on a new project, you need to request a new license. Mechanical licenses are required for each usage of a cover song on a product, so if you release a cover as a single, then it appears again on an album, it is considered to be part of two separate products.
Articles in this section
- Can I distribute my medley or mashup through Stem?
- Do I need to request multiple licenses for the same cover song?
- How long does it take for Loudr to approve my license request?
- How much does a mechanical license cost?
- What can I do if Loudr rejects my license request?
- What composition metadata does Loudr collect?
- What is a cover song?
- What is Loudr?
- Where can I find the composition metadata for my cover song?
- Why do I need a mechanical license?